Who are we?
We are a group of workers (and family members) who have been injured or made sick on the job.
We have first hand experience of the WCB/WSIB system and know it needs improvement!
ONIWG is growing. We now have 21 member groups and more are joining.
ONIWG groups in your community:
- Offer peer support - meet other workers who face the same difficulties and challenges that you do
- Supply information regarding the compensation system
- Provide an opportunity to join the fight
What we are fighting for!
Reform of the Workers' Compensation Act and Policy and return to the founding principles. Dignity, Respect and Justice must be the foundation for a renewed Workers' Compensation System. We want an Act with the stated purpose to truly assist and compensate workers injured, made sick and disabled at work.
Merv King and Andrew Eyles (United Steelworkers IW Project) hand Peter Page and Karl Crevar a generous donation to ONIWG's legal defence fund.
ONIWG is asking injured workers to come forward and help launch a legal challenge against the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB). For more information or to donate, please contact Peter Page (905) 745 – 1003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring in full cost of living protection for all injured workers' benefits
- Provide pensions for workers with permanent disabilities and eliminate the deeming system - injured workers need real jobs and job security or full compensation
Learn more about the Network
Read ONIWG submissions, news releases, reports:
"ONIWG 2010 Injured workers and poverty survey" [read report]
- Dec. 8, 2014: Media release: "Workers to air the WSIB's dirty laundry outside Ministry of Labour"[pdf]
- July 22, 2014: ONIWG letter to Premier Wynne re Restoring fairness to the WSIB [pdf]
- ONIWG Legal Defence Fund: public meeting June 24, 2014 [download flyer]
- Apr. 4, 2014: Open letter to the Premier: re Stopping the WSIB benefits policy scandal [pdf]
- Feb. 11, 2014: Letter to the Chair re Benefits Policy Review [pdf]
- Nov. 14, 2013: Media release : "How far does an injured worker have to go to get a fair hearing?" [pdf]
- July 17, 2013: Letter to the Minister of Labour re employer assessment rates and COLA [pdf]
- November 30, 2012: Media release : Health and safety rebate and surcharge incentive system harms injured workers international experts agree (at symposium that addresses experience rating) [pdf]
- October 29, 2012: Submission to Jim Thomas WSIB Policy Consultation [pdf]
- September 28, 2012: Response to WSIB Appeals "modernisation" [pdf] ⁄ letter [pdf]
- July 19, 2012: Media release: Law Commission reports workers' compensation age limits undermine the worth and dignity of older adults [pdf]
- June 7, 2012: Open letter to the Premier on cost-of-living-adjustments [pdf]
...Click here to read earlier publications