"ONIWG 2010 Injured workers and poverty survey" now available [here]
Who are we? [ONIWG brochure]
We are a group of workers (and family members) who have been injured or made sick on the job. We have first hand experience of the WCB/WSIB system and know it needs improvement!
ONIWG is growing. We now have 21 member groups and more are joining.
ONIWG groups in your community:
- Offer peer support - meet other workers who face the same difficulties and challenges that you do
- Supply information regarding the compensation system
- Provide an opportunity to join the fight
What we are fighting for!
Reform of the Workers' Compensation Act and Policy and return to the founding principles. Dignity, Respect and Justice must be the foundation for a renewed Workers' Compensation System. We want a new Workers' Compensation Act, with stated purposes to truly assist and compensate workers injured, made sick and disabled at work.
- Bring in full cost of living protection for all injured workers' benefits.
- Provide pensions for workers with permanent disabilities and eliminate the deeming system - injured workers need real jobs and job security or full compensation
Learn more about the Network:
ONIWG submissions, news releases, reports [click here]
- November 30, 2012: Media release : Health and safety rebate and surcharge incentive system harms injured workers international experts agree (at symposium that addresses experience rating) [pdf]
- October 29, 2012: Submission to Jim Thomas WSIB Policy Consultation [pdf]
- September 28, 2012: Response to WSIB Appeals "modernisation" [pdf] ⁄ letter [pdf]
- July 19, 2012: Media release: Law Commission reports workers' compensation age limits undermine the worth and dignity of older adults [pdf]
- June 7, 2012: Open letter to the Premier on cost-of-living-adjustments [pdf]
- May 4, 2012: Workers' compensation news (update) [pdf]
- May 2012 weekly information pickets & Injured Workers' Day activities [more]
- Apr. 30, 2012: McGuinty's choice of WSIB Chair called a betrayal of injured workers [pdf]
- Mar. 15, 2012: ONIWG press conference on WSIB President's bonus [media advisory] [letter to the Premier]
- Feb. 2, 2012: Summary results from 2010/2011 Injured Workers & Poverty Survey [pdf]
- Jan. 27, 2012: ONIWG letter to Premier McGuinty on experience rating [pdf]
- Jan - Mar. 2012 ONIWG community outreach meetings [more]
... Earlier publications [click here]